Music is that one element of our lives that can unite us all, transcend barriers and regions and still appeal to everyone, and that is music. I, for one, am a lover of music no matter the origin. Even if I do not get the words, the mere rhythm and melody are enough to gladden you or pass a message. It is for this reason that we feel that you can take up a career in the music industry not as the singer yourself, but operating a music blog, then this is for you.
1.Conduct feasibility study: You should know at this point that when you are planning to start up a music blog, you should conduct your research not only on music blogs alone but on every blog out there likewise. Don’t narrow the scope of your research yet.Go extensive and learn as much as you can about how each blog is set up and how they operate too.
2. Research music blogs: Now that you have gotten a hang of what blogs are like, it is now time to bring it closer to home and start researching music blogs. Check their mode of operation and the basic template that they all use. Look at the format of reporting the music news and how leaks, downloads, and all other related stuff are handled also.
3. Consider a niche: Since you have now known what a music blog is like, choosing a niche for yourself would complete the planning process. Are you more connected to jazz music and would want to bring more people in? or are you a hip hop fan? It might even be reggae, blues, soul etc. that you want and if you can manage it well, you could introduce a mix of all into your blog.
4. Start a website/ blog: If you have enough start-up capital, to begin with, and you feel that you know what there is about music blogs already, there is no harm in getting a good website designer to create a website for you. However, if you would like to start small, Blogger and WordPress are some of the most popular online blog creation tools that would provide you the comfort you want. Later on, you could then upgrade your blog to a website.
5. Deliver content: To keep your readers engaged at all times, you need to be able to generate content for the website/ blog, as the case may be. If you are the kind that finds content writing easy and you have a good command of the language, then do it yourself, if not there are any freelance websites offer these kinds of services and they do so cheaply too.
6. Promotion, advertisement, and monetization: Promote your blog on social media, through friends and family and advertise it well too. Break hot news and quickly provide links to downloads of hot, trendy songs to further gain traffic and converts for your website. With a good follower base, you could start offering advertisement services to up and coming musicians to feature them and their songs on your blog.